DOES YOUR SERVER CABINET LOOK LIKE THIS?
If so it’s probably time you clean your act up!
The server cabinet should be considered the backbone & foundation of your network – make sure it’s set up correctly and kept neat and tidy!
A nice clean server cabinet brings a whole host of benefits some of which are list below:
- Faster fault diagnoses – engineers can find the cable they need quickly and easily to resolve faults.
- Faster equipment installation – which may save both time and money
- “Loop backs” and cabling issues are far less likely, which means less down time, fewer network faults and faster network operation
- Maximise the room available in your cabinet
- Better network security as sockets are not connected to the network when not necessary
- It will allow you to make best use of your network switches as you can be sure all sockets used are connected to equipment
See how it should be done below:
If you would like some help setting your server cabinet up correctly get in contact with Netitude straight away and we will be happy to oblige.
Posted to Blog